The Sunday Mail
HERE is how to make a delicious breakfast coffee cake that tastes like your favourite blueberry muffins.
◆ One serving cooking spray;
◆ One cup blueberries;
◆ One and half cups all-purpose flour, divided;
◆ Half cup white sugar;
◆ Quarter cup vegetable oil;
◆ Half cup milk;
◆ One egg;
◆ One teaspoon vanilla extract;
◆ Three teaspoons baking powder;
◆ Half teaspoon salt.
◆ Half cup brown sugar;
◆ One-third all-purpose flour;
◆ Two teaspoons cinnamon;
◆ Quarter cup butter.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees Celsius). Spray an 8×8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Toss blueberries and half cup of flour in a small bowl until blueberries are coated. Set aside.
- Beat together sugar and oil with an electric mixer in a large bowl. Add milk, egg and vanilla extract. Mix remaining one cup flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; mix until just combined. Fold in blueberry mixture. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Mix together brown sugar, third cup flour and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in butter until topping mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle on top of the cake batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.
Cook’s note: You can use regular all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour.
Nutrition facts: Per Serving: 292,7 calories; 4g protein; 42,4g carbohydrates; 35,3mg cholesterol and 344,4mg sodium. — bakeorbreak.com