The Sunday Mail
“I AM not a fan of cooked fruits but this recipe changed my mind. I had countless tins of canned peaches in my house because I bought them on discount in the store so it was a win-win situation.
My family loves a nice sweet dessert after supper, so I found this short and sweet peach cobbler recipe that is easy. Be warned, once you try it you will never stop,” writes Bibiana Chikowore, a food blogger.
Ingredients (serves 5)
Half-cup melted butter;
One-and-a-half cups self-raising flour;
Quarter teaspoon salt;
One-and-a-half cups milk (room temperature);
One egg (room temperature).
Two cans sliced peaches, one of which must be drained;
One teaspoon cinnamon;
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius;
2. Melt butter in a baking pan and remove from heat;
3. In a separate bowl, sieve flour and add the sugar and salt and stir in milk and egg to a smooth mixture;
4. Pour the flour mixture evenly over melted butter and mix to a smooth mixture;
5. Combine peaches with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a saucepan, on low heat melt the sugar, making sure it does not burn the sugar;
6. Use a spoon to scoop mixture and gently pour it on top of the flour and butter mixture evenly, making sure to not stir the mixture;
7. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the oven until ready to serve.
To serve, scoop onto a plate and serve with your choice of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Please note: A baking cup is 250ml.
Are you a kitchen guru? Send your recipes to [email protected]